The QT-256® is the world’s smallest broadcast quality audio transmitter. Roughly the size of two AA batteries, it’s easy to conceal and comfortable to wear; actors adore it. The QT-256® is the first transmitter unobtrusive enough to be worn by professional athletes and has gradually revolutionized the audio experience of televised sports.
Originally designed for professional sports, the QT-256® can take the abuse. Q5X transmitters are built to be the best. The QT-256® is housed in solid industrial aluminum, all components are of the highest quality and all on board wiring is high grade Teflon with custom mini connectors. This commitment to quality ensures the extreme durability and reliability that Q5X transmitters are renowned for. Waterproofing gaskets for the antenna and LEMO mic jack help to make it splash-proof. If you plan on going right underwater, the QT-256® is also available in a completely waterproof housing: The QT-256® AquaMic™.
Q5X leads the industry with the latest battery technology available. Get 8-12 hours* on a single charge with the QT-256®’s internal lithium battery. In addition to being environmentally friendly, the internal rechargeable battery can represent a significant cost savings over replacement batteries. When 8-12 hours isn’t enough. We’ve got you covered. With the optional AX-1 you can add power from 2 AA batteries to operate and charge the QT-256® so you can keep transmitting around the clock, great for long shoots and reality shows.
The 256 transmission frequencies of the QT-256® are selectable from 600-698 MHz. It provides high quality broadcast audio with RF output power ranging from 30-250mW. The included ¼″ whip antenna is fastened with a Small SSMA bulkhead connector. The audio connector is a high-end 4-pin LEMO which cleverly doubles as a battery charging port. LEMO lavaliers by Countryman, DPA or Sanken are available separately.
The QT-256® is designed to work flawlessly with the Q5X series of receivers: QR-1000, QR-2000 and QR-500. It could also be modified to be compatible with some other wireless mobile and rack mount receivers.
Wall power charger with LEMO connector, 1/4 whip antenna, manual, and Q5X one year warranty
• Dimensions: 57mm x 34mm x 14mm (2.24” x 1.34” x 0.55”)
• Weight: 42g (1.5 oz) including battery
• RF output power: 30 to 250 mW (factory configured)
• Number of channels: 256
• RF frequency range: 600 to 698 MHz
• Switching bandwidth: 25MHz (100 KHz steps)
• Modulation: FM
• Nominal deviation: – +/- 40 kHz
• Peak deviation: +/- 54 kHz
• Pre-emphasis: 50 us
• Compander: Q5X DCS-QT
• Signal to Noise: 110dB (A) rms
• Frequency stability: +/- 0.001%
• Spurious Emission: <- 60 dBc
• Total harmonic distortion (THD): 0.3% at nominal deviation
• Frequency response: 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz
• Specific Absorption Ratio (SAR): 0.68 W/Kg
• Audio connector: 4 pin lemo
• Antenna: 1/4 wave flex
• Battery: Internal Lithium
• Operating time: (Battery) estimated 8 hrs @ 100mW
• Operating Temperatures: -10c to +45C
• Approvals: FCC, CE, Industry Canada
*depending on output power, estimated 8 hrs runtime at 100mW