Analog / Mixed Signal Engineer
Q5X delivers innovative wireless microphone solutions to the broadcast sports and entertainment industries. When size and quality matter, Q5X is the clever, rugged and comfortable choice for any demanding wireless audio application. A few of our key, long-standing clients are the NBA, NHL, MLB, and Radio City Music Hall. Our small, but diverse team is comprised of engineers and designers that excel at the design innovation required by our clients. The skills and challenges faced by our team offer the ability to grow on a daily basis. With our global client base, our employees have the opportunity to travel to exciting events.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate competency/expertise in both analog and digital design and implementation of electronic hardware. A firm understanding of board-level test procedures and an ability to troubleshoot new designs using typical test equipment such as oscilloscopes and spectrum analyzers is required.
Essential Job Functions
- Primary responsibilities and accountability for design of analog audio and mixed signal electronics.
- An understanding of embedded microcontrollers and audio DSPs.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in analog front-end design and validation, RF/wireless design (PLLs, RF components) and low power wireless protocols such, as a Bluetooth and ZigBee.
- Other responsibilities will include supporting production and technical sales as required.
- An eagerness to learn and undertake new projects with minimal supervision will be a valuable asset
Skills, Abilities & Qualifications
- BS/MS in electrical, computer, or electronics engineering
- Minimum 5 years of post-degree work experience in electrical/electronic design engineering.
- Excellent diagnostic, problem solving and idea generation skills
- Experience with industrial product development and/or portable device development
- Outstanding communication skills as part of a team
- A passion for high-quality products, with a laser focus on a quality experience for our valued customers, is of utmost importance.
The successful candidate must be flexible enough to work in a fluid and dynamic environment that includes a variety of skill levels and personalities. The candidate will participate in a comprehensive team, designing and developing the world’s smallest and most rugged wireless microphone solutions.
Interested candidates may send a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.