Electronics Manufacturing Technician
Q5X delivers innovative wireless microphone solutions to the broadcast sports and entertainment industries. When size and quality matter, Q5X is the clever, rugged and comfortable choice for any demanding wireless audio challenge. A few of our key, long-standing clients are the NBA, NHL, MLB, and Radio City Music Hall. Our small, but diverse team is comprised of engineers and designers that excel at the design innovation required by our clients. The skills and challenges faced by our team offer the ability to grow on a daily basis. With our global client base, our employees occasionally have the opportunity to travel to exciting events.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate a strong understanding of electronic fundaments, such as Ohms law, and basic circuit theory and be able to work with little supervision in a fast-paced production environment. As well, have a firm understanding of SMT electronic components and board level test techniques using typical test equipment such as oscilloscopes and spectrum analyzers. The candidate must have a strong understanding of PCB assembly and hand soldering skills. Primary responsibilities include assembly of sophisticated electro mechanical devices, production testing of completed assemblies, trouble shooting and re-work/re-pair of production defects. An eagerness to learn and undertake new projects with minimal supervision will be a valuable asset. As we take on ever-larger projects, the battle cry of our growing team is often, “All hands on deck!”
Skills, Abilities & Qualifications
- An Electronics Technician qualification or equivalent; with a minimum 2 years recent, related work experience in a similar industry
- Ability to follow documented production processes to assemble a variety of products
- High reliability soldering skills, certifications in this area are desirable
- Good manual dexterity, with strong mechanical aptitude
- Board level trouble shooting skills for warranty repairs
- Basic computer skills for documenting work and reviewing test results
- Experience in product testing and verification
- Problem solving and idea generation skills
- Outstanding communication skills with demonstrated ability to problem-solve as part of a team
The successful candidate must be flexible enough to work in a fluid and dynamic environment that includes a variety of skill levels and personalities. The candidate will participate in a comprehensive team, designing and developing the world’s smallest and most rugged wireless microphone solutions.