Q5X delivers innovative wireless microphone solutions to the broadcast sports and entertainment industries. When size and quality matter, Q5X is the clever, rugged and comfortable choice for any demanding wireless audio challenge. A few of our key, long-standing clients are the NBA, NHL, and MLB, as well Radio City Music Hall’s Rockettes. Our small, but diverse team is comprised of engineers and designers that excel at design innovation required by our clients. The skills and challenges faced by our team offer the ability to grow on a daily basis. With our global client base, our employees have the opportunity to travel to exciting events.
The ideal candidate must have a fundamental knowledge of embedded firmware design as well as an firm understanding of board-level electronics design.
Essential Job Functions
- Primary responsibilities and accountabilities include firmware and software development, along with electronic design and support.
- PC and mobile software development would be an excellent complementary skill set.
- Must be flexible enough to work in a fluid and dynamic environment, working with a variety of skill levels and personalities.
- The candidate will participate in a comprehensive team designing and developing the world’s smallest and most rugged wireless microphone solutions.
Skills, Abilities & Qualifications
- Education: Electronics Engineering or Electronics Technologist Diploma
- Firmware: Embedded applications, device driver, RTOS principles, low-power architecture design
- Software: C, C++, C#, Visual Basic, Source Control
- Communications: RS232, USB, Ethernet, Low-power wireless (e.g. 802.15.4), general protocol development.
- Hardware: Assist with the design and validation of low-power, embedded systems.
Bonus Skills: iOS and/or Android app design, RF experience.
- An eagerness to learn and undertake new projects with minimal supervision will be a valuable asset.
- A passion for high-quality products, with a laser focus on a quality experience for our valued customers, is of utmost importance.
The successful candidate must be flexible enough to work in a fluid and dynamic environment that includes a variety of skill levels and personalities. The candidate will participate in a comprehensive team, designing and developing the world’s smallest and most rugged wireless microphone solutions.
Interested candidates may send a resume to: email@example.com.