Senior RF / Analog Electrical Engineer
Q5X delivers innovative wireless microphone solutions to the broadcast sports and entertainment industries. When size and quality matter, Q5X is the clever, rugged and comfortable choice for any demanding wireless audio challenge. A few of our key, long-standing clients are the NBA, NHL, MLB, and Radio City Music Hall. Our small, but diverse team is comprised of engineers and designers that excel at the innovation required by our clients. The skills and challenges faced by our team offer the ability to grow on a daily basis. With our global client base, our employees have the opportunity to travel to exciting events.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate competency/expertise in both analog and RF design of electronic hardware. As well, a firm understanding of board-level test procedures and an ability to troubleshoot new designs using typical test equipment such as oscilloscopes and spectrum analyzers is required.
Essential Job Functions
- Primary responsibilities include design of analog audio, RF and radio systems and mixed signal electronics, specifically PLLs, front-end filters, and other common radio circuits
- An understanding of embedded microcontrollers and audio DSPs and low-power wireless protocols such as a Bluetooth and ZigBee.
- Knowledge and use of lab test scripting and automation would be a valuable asset.
- An equally important duty includes professional-quality audio design.
- To assist in the growth of our team, it is expected the candidate will lead and mentor junior engineers and technicians.
- An eagerness to learn and undertake new projects with minimal supervision will be a valuable asset.
Skills, Abilities & Qualifications
- BS/MS in electrical, computer, or electronics engineering
- 8+ years of post-degree work experience in electrical/electronic design engineering
- Experience with industrial product development and/or portable device development
- Excellent diagnostic, problem solving and idea generation skills
- Outstanding communication skills with demonstrated ability to problem-solve as part of a team
- A passion for high-quality products, with a laser focus on a quality experience for our valued customers, is of utmost importance.
The successful candidate must be flexible enough to work in a fluid and dynamic environment that includes a variety of skill levels and personalities. The candidate will participate in a comprehensive team, designing and developing the world’s smallest and most rugged wireless microphone solutions. As we take on ever-larger projects, the battle cry of our growing team is often, “All hands on deck!”
Interested candidates may send a resume to: email@example.com.