Q5X designs and manufactures professional wireless microphone transmitters and receivers for use in broadcast sports and entertainment. We sell globally to significant customers such as the NBA, NHL, MLB, and the Radio City Music Hall’s Rockettes. Our team is comprised of engineers and designers who excel at delivering timely solutions to allow our users to capture new types of audio. Our innovative projects offer our employees the opportunity to grow every day.
The candidate will join an engineering team, designing and developing our professional wireless microphone solutions. The ideal candidate must demonstrate competency/expertise in both analog and RF design of electronics hardware. Primary responsibilities include design of analog audio, RF (UHF – 2.4 GHz) and radio systems and mixed signal electronics, specifically PLLs, front-end filters, and other common radio circuits. The successful candidate must be flexible enough to work in a fluid and dynamic environment that includes a variety of skill levels and personalities. To assist in the growth of our team, it is expected the candidate will lead and mentor junior engineers and technicians.
Skills, Abilities & Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will have:
- an advanced degree in electrical, computer, electronics engineering, or related discipline.
- excellent diagnostic, problem solving, and idea generation skills.
- 8+ years of post-degree work experience in electrical/electronic design engineering
- a firm understanding of:
- board-level test procedures and an ability to troubleshoot new designs using typical test equipment such as oscilloscopes, network analyzers and spectrum analyzers.
- embedded microcontrollers and audio DSPs.
- low-power wireless protocols (e.g. Bluetooth, ZigBee).
- being able to translate customer needs to technical requirements.
Experience with any of the following is an asset that should be highlighted in the cover letter.
- lab test scripting and automation
- product development from conception to completion for industrial or portable devices
- certification of new products
- hands on experience with testing and development of hardware
Important personality attributes include:
- passion for high-quality products with a laser focus on quality and experience for the consumer.
- “all hands on deck” attitude and ability to communicate effectively internally and externally.
- eagerness to learn and undertake new projects with minimal supervision.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Print this page and check all the areas in which you have experience-based competency. Include a scan of this completed checklist with your cover letter and resume: Download PDF
Interested candidates may send a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or visit the Indeed Jobs Posting